Δευτέρα 25 Ιουνίου 2012

100 Sharks attack whale





You would be understandably hesitant about getting in the water with over 100 tiger sharks furiously feeding over the carcass of a dead whale.
But the surfer Rachel Campbell and her friends were not put off in the slightest.
Rachel filmed the amazing scene on the beach near Warroora Station in northwestern Australia, then wandered a kilometre or so up the beach and went for a surf anyway.
Writing on her blog she said: 'I was collecting shells along the beach with my mum. Searching the white sand while crystal water lapped at my ankles.


'Before long I realized there were about 100 sharks in total, some as long as 4m, all in a frenzy over fresh whale flesh. 
'I have to say that I felt pretty massive playing chicken with waves barely the height of my ankle. You only had to get knee deep and suddenly you're sharing the same square meter of Indian Ocean with a tiger shark.'
She added: 'I am well aware of those beasts outside my control. I will still surf here though, because it's not about merely surviving this ocean, it's about living and breathing everything that this crazy place has to offer.
'Let's just hope those sharks are full for now.
Source Daily Mail

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου

Σημείωση: Μόνο ένα μέλος αυτού του ιστολογίου μπορεί να αναρτήσει σχόλιο.